1. Which state Police in India utilised the ‘Pigeon Post Service’?
Ans. Orissa State Police
2. When was the first commemorative stamp issued in India ?
Ans. In 1931 (to mark the inauguration of New Delhi)
3. The Cricketer from Australian Test Cricket team belongs to Australian Postal Service ?
Ans. Brad Hogg
4. The first Non Royal to appear on U.K. postage stamp?
Ans. William Shakespeare (1964)
5. In which language the first Megdoot Post card issued?
6. First Postal stamp in the World?
Ans. Penny Black
7. When, the Indian Postal Stamp was cancelled at Mount Everest?
Ans. 1996 May 10 (by ITBP. Indo-Tibet Border Police)
8. Which is India’s first General Post Office?
Ans. Calcutta GPO (in 1774)
9. Which country issued the first self adhesive Postage stamp?
Ans. Sierra Leone (1964)
10. The first country issued new year greeting cards through Postal service?
11. When was the first Postal Stamp issued ?
Ans. 1840 May 6th
12. The first Indian Personality who was depicted in foreign stamps?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
13. Which picture was depicted in First world stamp?
Ans. Queen Victoria’s Head
14. The busiest Post office in India?
Ans. Mumbai GPO
15. First Indian Postage stamp?
Ans. Scinde Dawk
17. India’s third scented postal stamp?
Ans. Jasmine (Rs. 15)
18. What is water mark ?
Ans. A design / mark on paper given at the time of production.
19. The first post card issued in Cochin state?
Ans. 1898 at the time of Raja Rama Varma I
20. Which country issued the first commemorative stamp in the world?
22. Highest Denomination of Indian Commemorative stamp ever since issued?
1) Mother Theresa , Rs. 45/-
2) Acropora Formosa , Rs. 45/-
23. First burnt-wood smelt postage stamp issued by:
Ans. Brazil (1999) in connection with hazardous effect of forest fire.
24. Where was the first Gandhi stamp printed ?
25. No. of world countries now in UPU (Universal Postal Union)?
26. First coffee scented stamp issued by:
27. First personality in whose name the first Commemorative stamp was issued while he was alive ?
Ans. Dr. Rajendra Prasad
28. The only country in the world where home delivery and redirection of postal articles exists:
29. When India Post celebrated its 150th year of existence?
30. When was the first Children’s day stamp issued:
Ans. 1957 Nov. 14 (Three stamps)
31. Who cancelled the Indian Postal Stamp in space suite?
Ans. Rakesh Sharma
32. Name of the Indian Post Office at Dakshin Gangotri (Antartica)
Ans. Maitri BO
33. Which stamp is called ‘Mourning stamp of India’?
Ans. Stamp of Mahatma Gandhi issued on 15.8.1948