File No. 25/1/2010/D (Res-I)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare
South Block, New Delhi.
Dated: 04 June, 2014
All Ministries/ Deptt.
Govt. of India
Subject: Monitoring of the implementation of reservation policy for ESM in Central Government Ministries/Departments, Banks, PSUS and CPMFs - designation of DGR as the Nodal Agency - Regarding.
As per DOP&T’s Notification No. 36034/1/2006-Estt.[Res) dated 04.10.2012, 10% of the vacancies in the posts upto of the level of the Assistant Commandant in all para-military forces, 10% of the vacancies in Group ‘C’ posts; and 20% of the vacancies in Group ‘D’ posts are reserved for Ex- Servicemen (ESM) in Central Govt. jobs. Likewise 14.5% vacancies in Group ‘C’ and 24.5% vacancies in Group ‘D’ are reserved for ESM in Nationalized Banks and CPSUS.
2. Cabinet Secretariat has mandated Deptt. of Ex- Servicemen Welfare to collect and compile the data/information in respect ofimplementation of reservation policy for ESM in Central Govt. Ministries/ Departments, Banks, Public Sector Undertakings, Central Para Military Forces etc. and other implementing agencies vide their OM 1/21/5/2011-Cab dated 16.12.2013 (copy enclosed).
3. With the approval of the Competent Authority, Directorate General of Resettlement (DGR) has been designated as the Nodal Agency on behalf of Deptt. of ESW to collect and compile the required data for facilitating monitoring of implementation of reservation policy for ESM.
4. All Central Government Ministries/Deptt., PSU Banks, Public Sector Undertakings, Central Para Military Forces etc. and other implementing agencies are requested to furnish data as per enclosed proforma annually w.e.f. 01.01.2014, directly to the Nodal Agency i.e. DGR. The first report may be sent by 15th June, 2014.
5. Deptt. of Public Enterprises is requested to issue suitable instructions to all CPSUs to furnish the required information directly to DGR, under intimation to this Deptt.
6. Ministry of Home Affairs is requested issue suitable instructions to all the CPMFs. Deptt. of Financial Services may also issue suitable instructions to all Nationalized Banks to furnish the required information directly to DGR in the prescribed proforma, under intimation to this Deptt.
Encl: As above
(A S Lakshmi)