Grant of increased rate of Washing Allowance from Rs. 30/- p.m.to Rs. 60/- p.m.
No. 18/1/2013-Dir.(C) Government of India Department of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) ******
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi, dated 10th July, 2014
Subject : Grant of increased rate of Washing Allowance to the Canteen Employees working in Non-Statutory Departmental Canteen/ Tiffin Room functioning from Central Government Offices – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s Office Memorandum No.18/1/2000-Dir-(C), dated 29.6.2001 on the subject mentioned above and to say that is has been decided to revise the existing rate of washing allowance from Rs. 30/- p.m. (Rupees thirty only) to Rs. 60/- p.m. (Rupees sixty only) who have been supplied with uniforms. The rate of washing allowance will be increased by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance payable on revised pay scales goes up by 50%.
2. This order shall be effective from 1st September, 2008 in pursuance of the Department of Personnel and Training O.M. No.14/3/2008-JCA, dated 11.9.2008 (Copy enclosed).
3. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure and Home Finance Division vide their U.O. /Dy. No. 3101359, dated 3.7.2014 respectively.
(Pratima Tyagi) Director(Canteens) Encl : As above.
F.No.14/3/2008-JCA Government of India Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) ….
Dated, the 11th September 2008
Subject:- Grant of increased rate of Washing Allowance to common categories of Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ employees of various Ministries/ Departments.
Consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the Sixth Central Pay Commission and in supersession of this Department’s O.M. No.14/9/95-JCA dated 12.12.2000 on the subject of Washing Allowance, the President is pleased to order that the rate of Washing Allowance will be revised from the existing Rs.30/- per month to Rs.60/- per month for all common categories of Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ employees who have been supplied with uniforms. Moreover, the rate of washing allowance will be increased by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance payable on revised pay scales goes up by 50%.
2. These orders shall be effective from 1st September, 2008.
3. Insofar as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
4. Hindi version will follow.
(Dinesh Kapila) Deputy Secretary to the Govt. Of India