1) Which Indian State is the leading Cotton producer? - Gujarat
2) Where are the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee located? - Switzerland
3) In which session of the Indian National Congress was the “Poorna Swaraj” resolution adopted? - Lahore Session in 1929
4) Who is author of “Imagining India”? - Nandan Nilekani
5) The currency of European Union is? - Euro
6) Who gave the title of ‘Mahamana’ to Madan Mohan Malaviya? - Mahatma Gandhi
7) In which part of the Indian Constitution, the Fundamental Duties are enshrined? - Part 4-A
8) Who was the Viceroy at the time of Quit India Movement? - Lord Linlithgow
9) Who was the other Congress leader who joined with Motilal Nehru to start the Swaraj Party in 1923? - Chittaranjan Das
10) Blood group was discovered by? - Landsteiner
1) PepsiCo India on 3 April 2015 commissioned first phase of its largest beverage plant in India in which state?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(C) West Bengal
2) Pedro Cateriano Bellido was recently appointed as Prime Minister of which country?
3) Which player recently defeated Saina Nehwal in the semi-finals of Malaysia Open Super Series Premier badminton tournament?
(A) Li Xuerui
(B) Saina Nehwal
(C) Carolina Marin
(D) Wang Shixian
4) West Bengal and Bihar Governor K.N. Tripathi recently sworn in as the 16th governor of which northeastern state (additional charge)?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Union government recently extended ____ months’ time to the states for rolling out the National Food Security Act (NFSA)?
6) Malli Mastan Babu who recently died was a famous?
(A) Volleyball Player
(C) Sky Diver
(D) Wildlife Photographer
7) Michael Rudenko, a committee member of the Minor Planet Center on 1 April 2015 officially named a minor planet in the name of which Indian sports person?
(A) Sachin Tendulkar
(B) Sania Mirza
(C) Dhyan Chand
(D) Vishwanathan Anand
8) Who has recently become the National Basketball Association's (pre-eminent men's professional basketball league) first player of Indian origin?
(A) Sim Bhullar
(B) Kavi Singh
(C) Prajith Bopara
(D) None of these
9) Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 2 April 2015 celebrated its ____th anniversary?
10) Amaravathi was recently selected by which state government as its new capital city?
(D) Andhra Pradesh
1) Ans. (A) Andhra Pradesh
2) Ans. (B) Peru
3) Ans. (A) Li Xuerui
4) Ans. (D) Mizoram
5) Ans. (C) 6
6) Ans. (B) Mountaineer
7) Ans. (D) Vishwanathan Anand
8) Ans. (A) Sim Bhullar
9) Ans. (C) 80th
10) Ans. (D) Andhra Pradesh
1) Govt changed name of visa-on-arrival scheme to e-tourist visa:
--> Union home ministry has decided to rename the tourist visa-on-arrival scheme as 'e-tourist visa' scheme with effect from 15 April 2015.
--> The step is aimed at avoiding inconvenience to foreign tourists who, misled by scheme's nomenclature, would fly into India presuming that they would be granted visa on arrival upon landing.
--> Under the 'tourist visa on arrival-electronic travel authorization scheme', a foreign tourist was required to apply for a visa online by uploading his photograph and passport and also paying his visa fee online.
--> The visa authorities would then process his application and send him an electronic travel authorization, or simply e-visa, via e-mail within 72 hours.
2) Government constituted task force on interlinking of rivers:
--> Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation has constituted a 'Task Force' on Interlinking of Rivers comprising experts and senior officials to look into the issues relating to Interlinking of Rivers ( ILR) in the country.
--> The Task Force would be chaired by BN Navalawala, former Secretary of Ministry of Water Resources.
3) Zomato acquired cloud-based data firm MaplePOS:
--> Restaurant search application Zomato has acquired cloud-based point of sale (POS) product for restaurants MaplePOS, a company statement said on 14 April 2015.
--> Zomato has already renamed the MaplePOS product "Zomato Base", and information on the product is now available.
--> Zomato offers restaurants features such as menu and inventory management, and has a built-in payment solution to accept debit and credit card payments.
4) Turkey begins construction of first nuclear power plant:
--> Turkey on 14 April 2015 began the construction of its first nuclear power plant located at Akkuyu in Mersin province on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.
--> It will be built by Akkuyu Project Company, a subsidiary of Russia’s nuclear agency Rosatom.
5) US President Barack Obama nominated Indian-American businesswoman Shamina Singh to key post:
--> US President Barack Obama has nominated prominent Indian-American businesswoman Shamina Singh to a key administration post.
--> Singh has been nominated as the member of the Board of Directors of the Corporation for National and Community Service for a term expiring in October 2019.
6) FM transmission of Vividh Bharati launched:
--> The popular ‘Vividh Bharati’ services of All India Radio (AIR) will now be available to listeners in and around Delhi on mobile handsets with the launch of FM transmission of the channel.
--> Information and Broadcasting Minister Arun Jaitley, who launched the FM transmission, also delivered a message to the listeners of the channel, saying Vividh Bharati services would reach people within a range of 60-65 km with much clarity at all times in all weather conditions.
--> Vividh Bharati offers a mix of film music, skits, short plays and interactive programmes.
--> The I&B minister also said the Doordarshan’s ‘Kisan’ channel could be launched in May.
7) HDFC announced mobile banking app for Apple Watch:
--> Indian banking giant HDFC has just announced an HDFC mobile banking app, designed specifically for the Apple Watch.
--> Simply titled WatchBanking, the move makes HDFC the first bank, and also the first Indian company to launch an app for the Apple Watch, due to launch in India later this month.
8) HDFC Bank tops mobile banking transactions:
--> HDFC Bank placed at the top spot among all banking entities in mobile banking transactions during January 2015 according to the pertaining data released by RBI on 14 April 2015.
--> It is followed by ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and Axis Bank with respect to mobile banking transactions.
9) Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar’s 124th birth anniversary celebrated:
--> Nation observed 124th birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar on 14 April 2015.
--> Dr. BR Ambedkar is popularly know as the architect of India's Constitution.
--> Rich tributes were paid to the architect of Indian Constitution Dr. Ambedkar in Parliament complex.
--> Throughout his life he worked for the upliftment of dalits and tribals and campaigned against social discrimination.
10) AAP rebels launched Swaraj Abhiyan:
--> Aam Aadmi Party rebels Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan on 14 April 2015 rallied their supporters and announced a separate group called the "Swaraj Abhiyan," pledging to work for alternative politics.
1) National Judicial Appointments Commission Act notified:
--> Government on 13 April 2015 notified the National Judicial Appointments Commission Act, 2014 and the Constitution (Ninety-ninth Amendment) Act, 2014 for bringing in a change in the existing system for appointment of Judges in Supreme Court and High Courts.
--> The Acts provide for a transparent and broad-based process of selection of Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts by the National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC).
--> NJAC will be a six-member body, comprising the Chief Justice of India and two of his senior most judges, the law minister and two eminent people.
--> Any two of them can veto any candidature.
--> The eminent people will be nominated after consultations with the CJI, the PM and the Leader of Opposition or the leader of the single largest opposition party in the Lok Sabha.
2) Sania Mirza officially crowned World No. 1:
--> Sania Mirza on 13 April 2015 officially became the first Indian woman tennis player to be ranked World No. 1 in doubles after WTA unveiled its latest list.
--> The Indian ace has gone up three rungs in the charts with 7660 points to dethrone Italy’s Sara Errani (7640 points).
--> Sania took 470 points from the win with Martina Hingis in the WTA Family Circle Cup in the official list.
3) Union Home Ministry notified Governors (Allowances and Privileges) Amendment Rules, 2015:
--> Union Home Ministry on 10 April 2015 notified amendments to the Governors (Allowances and Privileges) Rules, 1987 and named these rules as Governors (Allowances and Privileges) Amendment Rules, 2015.
--> The amendment notifies 18-set of rules to regulate any foreign visit or domestic visit outside the State by the Governors.
--> As per the new norms laid by the said law, the duration of a governor’s official visits outside the state shall not exceed 20% of the days in a calendar year, i.e., 73 days.
--> As per the new norms, governors must seek the approval of the President and forward their communication in this regard, two weeks in advance for private visits outside the state and seven days in advance for official visits.
4) Is “Airtel Zero” against Net Neutrality?
--> During April 2015, Airtel announced Airtel Zero, a platform that allows consumers free access to select apps and services with the cost of this data traffic being borne by the companies that have signed up.
--> For example, if Flipkart signs up as an Airtel Zero partner, consumers will not be charged for data that they will use while accessing Flipkart, and Airtel will bill Flipkart for that session.
--> ‘Net Neutrality’ is the principle that Internet service providers (ISPs) should treat all traffic on their networks equally.
--> That means users should be able to access all websites at the same speed and cost. No website should be given preferential treatment over another.
5) In a first, DPRK Foreign Minister visited India:
--> In a significant diplomatic engagement between India and Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK), the Foreign Minister Ri Su Yong met his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj on 13 April 2015.
--> This is the first ever visit at the Foreign Minister level from North Korea to India.
--> Mr. Yong is on a three day visit on the invitation of Ms. Swaraj.
6) Hillary Clinton announced 2016 presidential bid:
--> Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on 12 April 2015 announced that she would be contesting the election for the office of U.S. president in 2016.
--> Hillary Clinton ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 but lost to Barack Obama.
7) Haryana govt announced cabinet rank for Ramdev:
--> Haryana chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar on 13 April announced Cabinet-rank status for yoga guru Ramdev, who is the state's brand ambassador.
--> Khattar said Ramdev, who is authorized to promote yoga and ayurveda in the state, would be given the status of Cabinet minister, and a function would be held at Panchkula on April 21 to honour him.