IP/ASP Association of Punjab & Haryana Circle Branches have jointly filed OA in Hon'ble CAT, Chandigarh Bench for the following reliefs:-
Above said OA no.1328/HR/2011 has been admitted by the Hon’ble CAT, Chandigarh Bench and notice of motion has been issued for 05/01/2012 with the interim orders to the Respondents. We will receive copy of the interim relief with in one or two days.
- Quash the letter dated 3.10.2011 by which Limited Departmental Examination for Promotion to the cadre of Sr. Postmaster(Gazetted) has been ordered to be held on 31.12.2011 which is against the Department of Posts, Postal Supdts/Postmaster Group B Recruitment Rules, 1987 as amended from time to time as there is no vacant post in the quota prescribed under the rules as detailed in the preceding paras.
- Quash the letter dated 29.11.2011 by which the applicants have been informed that ASPO are not eligible for appearing in the examination.
- Quash the Department of Posts, Senior Postmaster (Group B Gazetted), Postmaster (Grade ‘III and II-Group B non-Gazetted) and Postmaster (Grade I-Group C Non-Gazetted) Recruitment Rules, 2010, i.e Postmasters Cadre Rules, 2010 run contrary to the Postal Services Postmaster Group B Rules, 1987 as amended from time to time, as the quota of the Inspector Line, has also been reduced from 19% and 75% by carving out the posts.
- Issue direction to the respondents to consider the case of the members of the applicant No 1 Union and other applicants for promotion under these rules of 1987 in their quota and promote them from due date with all the consequential benefits and it be declared that the bifurcation of quota now carried out by the respondents is illegal, arbitrary and bereft of any discernible principle.
- Any other order or direction deemed fit and proper in the facts and circumstances of the case may also kindly be issued in favour of the applicants.